These are the Townsy Cafe Community Guidelines.
They are easy to remember, just think T.O.W.N.
- Help us make this a great place for discussion by always working to improve the discussion in some way, however small. If you are not sure your post adds to the conversation, think over what you want to say and try again later.
- Rather than posting “+1” or “Agreed”, use the Like button. Rather than taking an existing topic in a radically different direction, use Reply as a Linked Topic.
Make the effort to put things in the right place, so that we can spend more time discussing and less cleaning up.
Spend a little time browsing the topics here before replying or starting your own, and you’ll have a better chance of meeting others who share your interests.
- Don’t start a topic in the wrong category.
- Don’t cross-post the same thing in multiple topics.
- Don’t post no-content replies.
- Don’t divert a topic by changing it midstream.
- Don’t sign your posts — every post has your profile information attached to it.
Help us keep our community safe by flagging abusive, threatening or fraudulent posts. Any post that receives 3 or more flags will be automatically hidden pending moderator review.
Abusive behavior will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis. However repeated warnings will result in a permanent ban.
We have a zero tolerance policy in cases of violent or hateful speech.
- Threats of violence will result in a permanent ban.
- Hate speech* will result in a permanent ban.
*We define hate speech as “any kind of communication in speech, writing or behavior that attacks or uses pejorative or discriminatory language with reference to a person or a group on the basis of who they are, in other words, based on their religion, ethnicity, nationality, race, color, descent, gender or other identity factor.”
Remember that everyone here is a member of your community. Treat them as you would like to be treated. (Unless you want to be treated poorly in which case treat them as you wouldn’t want to be treated… um…)
It takes both warp and weft to weave a tapestry. If possible try to find common ground. If there’s none to be found, consider disengaging.
If you have questions, you can message us here or email us directly at email@example.com.
Given the current severity of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Townsy Cafe staff feels a moral
and ethical obligation to intervene in conversations that:
- dismiss or downplay the severity of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- question the efficacy of mask wearing and social distancing.
- advocate for the disobedience public health measures and regulations.
- undermine public confidence in the vaccine.
Topics and replies that do any of the above will be muted.
We invite everyone here to check out the CDC website for more information.
You may not post anything digital that belongs to someone else without permission. You may not post descriptions of, links to, or methods for stealing someone’s intellectual property (software, video, audio, images), or for breaking any other law.
This site is operated by your friendly local staff and you, the community. If you have any further questions about how things should work here, open a new topic in the site feedback category and let’s discuss! If there’s a critical or urgent issue that can’t be handled by a meta topic or flag, contact us via the staff page.
Yes, legalese is boring, but we must protect ourselves – and by extension, you and your data – against unfriendly folks. We have a Terms of Service describing your (and our) behavior and rights related to content, privacy, and laws. To use this service, you must agree to abide by our TOS.