Jim Wilson of Haiku Habitat is still contemplating whether he has enough time to continue his column in this new format. But I love haiku and it’s so fun to write, so until he commits, let’s play Haiku Harvest.
For those that need a reminder:
- There are only three lines, totaling 17 syllables.
- The first line is 5 syllables.
- The second line is 7 syllables.
- The third line is 5 syllables like the first.
- Punctuation and capitalization are up to the poet, and need not follow the rigid rules used in structuring sentences.
Feel free to accompany your haiku with an image.